May 1, 2010

Well that did not last long

Plans are great, but life events can change them quickly. I was planning to do a duathlon race that is to start in about 45 minutes - well I'll not be racing today. Poor Ian has been throwing up the whole night so I decided to stay home with him and Dasa. Change of plans seems to be the theme of this racing season. There is a positive in this though - my ankle has been healing, but I'm not 100% sure what is with it. On Monday I should hear results of MRI that I had last night. So if anything is torn I will be in better not racing on it ... always finding positives in life's happenings. I hope your weekend is shaping up better than ours. I really hope this stomach bug will be gone soon and Ian will be back in biking shape soon.

2 comments:

David Stopher said...

Sorry to hear that Jan, both in terms of Ian hurling and your ankle still not being right - very frustrating - you know and I know though that there is no real future in racing injured ;) - Heal soon I hope

kxux said...

Thanks MUN. I'll report here next week how the ankle looks like. Ian will get over it, but it will take some time - apparently he has strep and some stomach bug - double whammy.